Bolero

Bolero

Welcome to my Blog!!

When we moved to Southern Nevada, specifically Las Vegas, over 15 years ago, I quickly had to adapt to the desert and re-learn a lot of what I knew. Gardening in a hot and dry desert with poor soil can bring forth rather unique challenges. I would like to share my gardening adventures and successes as I try to add green and color to all of this brown. I will also write about my journeys elsewhere and post corresponding images. Hope you find useful information and/or enjoy reading my blog!!

Lynn

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Rose Spotlight - Chicago Peace

Chicago Peace -1962
This hybrid tea rose is a sport of the Peace hybrid tea rose. The coloring is varying, ranging from deep pink splashed with canary yellow to a softer pink, with a softer yellow. Sometimes roses on the bush appear strikingly similar to Peace. It has very pretty, dark green glossy leaves and is reported to have a mild fragrance that I have been unable to detect. My Summer climate is hot 100-110s degrees often with less than 10% humidity. The blooms of this rose are captivating, and one major plus is even when temperatures are above 100 degrees, the full-size blooms and petals do not fry in the heat


A Chicago Peace Color Variation



Click link to see another image of this beautiful rose:  Chicago Peace