Bolero

Bolero

Welcome to my Blog!!

When we moved to Southern Nevada, specifically Las Vegas, over 15 years ago, I quickly had to adapt to the desert and re-learn a lot of what I knew. Gardening in a hot and dry desert with poor soil can bring forth rather unique challenges. I would like to share my gardening adventures and successes as I try to add green and color to all of this brown. I will also write about my journeys elsewhere and post corresponding images. Hope you find useful information and/or enjoy reading my blog!!

Lynn

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Fall/Autumn Blooms

Fall is by far my favorite time of year in the garden. The roses are in bloom, many of the pesky insects are gone, and the air is cooler. October also ushers in prime planting time for roses and so many other plants. Why October?? Having mild Winters, planting this time of year allows plants to become better rooted prior to the Hades that Summer will bring.


November 2016
My Garden is Still a Baby
( Roses that are Thriving in this Hot Summer Climate)

Annie Laurie Mc Dowell


Aloha Cl.


Belinda's Dream - Blooms and leaves crisp during July


Archduke Charles - Heat tolerant


Bishop's Castle - This one definitely seems to prefer temperatures under 100F


Blush Noisette ( Continuous Bloomer)


Carding Mill - Gorgeous blooms!!


Chicago Peace - one of its many faces


Ebb Tide - When you must have purple...


Eyes for You


Gruss an Aachen


Love Song


Mme. Franziska Kruger 


Munstead Wood - The blooms look as if they are 2/3 rose petal 1/3 velvet!!


Nigrette - The darkest red I have seen.


Radio Times


Souvenir de la Malmaison 


South Africa


Young Lycidas - beautiful "old rose" fragrance - My favorite!!!