Bolero

Bolero

Welcome to my Blog!!

When we moved to Southern Nevada, specifically Las Vegas, over 15 years ago, I quickly had to adapt to the desert and re-learn a lot of what I knew. Gardening in a hot and dry desert with poor soil can bring forth rather unique challenges. I would like to share my gardening adventures and successes as I try to add green and color to all of this brown. I will also write about my journeys elsewhere and post corresponding images. Hope you find useful information and/or enjoy reading my blog!!

Lynn

Monday, December 5, 2016

Fall/Autumn Blooms Part II



Round II - Fall/Autumn Blooms


This year, many of my roses will be moving into their third or second year. My garden is comprised of grafted and own-root varieties. Some of my own-root roses have really surprised me in terms of their vigor and heat tolerance. For 20017, I will begin a featured rose post for all of those who are specifically looking for rose varieties that can withstand or look great during the dry heat of Summer....stay tuned



Short Video: Fall/Autumn Blooms


Featured Roses:
Koko Loco          Souvenir de la Malmaison          Princess Alexandria of Kent
Young Lycidas          Archduke Charles          Annie Laurie Mc Dowell
Rita Sammons          Unknown          Radio Times
Love Song          Ebb Tide          Eyes for You
Francis Dubreuil/Barcelona          Duchesse de Brabant
lil' Hummingbird