Bolero

Bolero

Welcome to my Blog!!

When we moved to Southern Nevada, specifically Las Vegas, over 15 years ago, I quickly had to adapt to the desert and re-learn a lot of what I knew. Gardening in a hot and dry desert with poor soil can bring forth rather unique challenges. I would like to share my gardening adventures and successes as I try to add green and color to all of this brown. I will also write about my journeys elsewhere and post corresponding images. Hope you find useful information and/or enjoy reading my blog!!

Lynn

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Rose Spotlight - South Africa Grandiflora Rose - Kordes

South Africa - Grandiflora Rose
(Kordes - 2001)

This deep yellow grandiflora rose has 4" blooms, is supposed to grow to 5', and is a vigorous grower. It is very healthy until the thrips attack; they seem to love it. My plant is own root, received from Roses Unlimited in 2014. The natural shape of this plant is nice, veering toward bushy, with a nice proportion of mid-green glossy leaves to blooms. South Africa is very heat tolerant. If you like golden yellow roses, South Africa is a must have for desert gardens!